Outings & Group Play
Widow's Walk Golf Course welcomes golf outings, whether it be for a small group as small as 20 players, a modified shotgun for 60 - 116 players, or a full shotgun of 120 - 132 players. Our professional staff is experienced and prepared to service all of your requirements, from initial set up through the scoring of your event.
The course is available Monday through Saturday for golf outings. We do not offer Shotgun start outings on Tuesdays. All bookings are on a first-come, first-serve basis.
To reserve a date a non-refundable deposit of $300 is required. A contract will be issued confirming the date and number of players. Final payment is due 14 days prior to the scheduled tournament. Player count can be reduced by 20%, subject to the following restrictions:
- Player count must be finalized at least (8) days prior to the scheduled date of the event.
- Final payment must be in even foursomes.
- Outing minimum player guidelines must be maintained: 20 players for any outing, 60 players for a modified shotgun, and 100 players for Friday outings.
We recognize that a typical golf outing includes a number of high-handicap players. Therefore, all golf events at Widow's Walk must be played with a Scramble format. This format will assure that most players will enjoy themselves and will complete 18 holes within 4 and 1/2 hours. It is imperative that all foursomes complete play within this time frame so that reserved tee times following your tournament can be honored in a timely fashion.
- All players hit their own tee shot
- Captain then selects the best shot.
- All players hit the next shot from the location of the captain's selection.
- Team continues advancing the best shot until the ball is holed.
PLAYER SOLICITATION INFORMATION
The following information should be included in the initial invitation to potential participants:
- Tournament format is Scramble.
- No spectators are allowed.
- Golfers must register at least 25 minutes prior to scheduled tee times or 45 minutes in advance of Shotgun starts.
- Proper golfing attire is required. Call if in question.
- Soft-spiked shoes are required.
- Coolers are not allowed.
- No food or beverage of any type can be brought on Widow's Walk property by the group.
We are happy to set up special contest holes for your tournament. The most popular contests include: longest drive, closest to the pin, and 50/50 hit the green. Mulligans are not permitted as a fundraising method.
CUSTOMER OWNED COOLERS AND ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES ARE NOT ALLOWED AND WILL BE CONFISCATED.